Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Loves Rubberstamps Challenge-Out of the Box

It is another fabulous Tuesday morning which means it is time for another Loves Rubberstamps Challenge.

This week's challenge is:

Out of the Box Technique


Make a creation that uses the Out Of The Box Technique! If you have never done this technique - there are some great tutorials on splitcoast stampers. Here are the links:

Tutorial #1 - Out of the Box
Tutorial #2 - Out of the Box - has printable PDF file
One of my favorite stamp designs in both digital and rubber stamps, Kenny K, is hosting our challenge this week.  YEAHHHH. In my excitement I made TWO cards this week for our challenge.  So that means TWO prizes to be won. A gift card for the Loves Rubberstamps store and 5 digis from Kenny K.
The first is the primary card called Frieda Flapper

I had so much fun making this card.  The image is colored with my Copics.
hair: 37,35,
Skin E15,13,11
Dress: R27,29,touch of 39
Boa: C5,3,1

The paper, flowers, sparkle and lace are from my stash. I used my spellbinders to cut out the image.

I will be entering this onto the folllowing challenges:




The next is the Halloween Image that Kenny K was so gracious to donate to use. Being the season, I just had to use this one.

Colored again with my Copics/Spectrum Noir combo

Gray/black: Spoectrum Noirs: IG 10,8,6,4
Hair: E 27,25,23-Copics
Skin: YR00,000,R20-Copics
Orange: YR 7,4

Paper is from MME. I made the flowers myself. I cut 8 2 1/2 inch scallops out of my cricut, sponged them, scrunched them and spritz them with water and then put a brad in the middle to hold it all together. I added some black glitter glue and the sentiment I got from my Secret Pumpkin, Ashley!!! I used my Cricut to cut the border that Trixxie is on via the Haunted Halloween Cartridge.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:







17 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards and love your entry into our 'Halloween' challenge over at Lexi's Creations! Love the dark but vivid colours and your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both of these olivia xxx your colouring is awesome, great halloweeny colours on the second xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both FABULOUS!!! That little Flapper just makes me GRIN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both so stunning olivia.fantastic striking colours and designs and i love the images ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are fabulous, love the coloring job! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rocked both of these cards. Love them both. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    Hugs
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these cards Olivia!!! Great job with the technique! Love all the vibrant colors and love how you did Trixxie's eyes too! :) Hugs, Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two Cards!!! You busy crafting woman! These are both so fabulous and I love the colors and designs of each one. You rocked this KK, out of the box challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, both of your cards are fantastic. I love the red in the first one and the image in the second is beautiful. Great job...

    Thanks so much for joining us this week for our "Trick or Treat or Something Sweet" Challenge at Love to Create. We would love to have you join us again next week as well. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Olivia. Great cards, both of them, bit I love the entry into Lexi's Creations. Great image and lovely design with plenty of texture.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love the pop of red:-) Thank you for joining us at CMC
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! I love the coloring on your image!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love the lace and flowers! So glad you joined us for our Orange and Black Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow what fabulous cards .. both coloured and embellished beautifully
    Thanks for joining us at Cards for men this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two stunning cards, love them both the colours are so dramatic. Thanks so much for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning Cards!! Thanks so much for joining us this week for our "Trick or Treat or Something Sweet" Challenge at Love to Create. Please Come back and play with us again soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truely amazing cards, Love the images. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete